Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jon Schmidt

I think that one of the most amazing pianists ever is Jon Schmidt. His music is so beautiful, and I love playing his songs (when I ever sit down to play at all). My favorite songs are Waterfall and Song of the Ocean, although I have a new book of his and there's yet another beautiful song called The Fishing Stream. Anyway, I just found a new Youtube video, and Jon Schmidt has done it once more, folks. He meshed the song Love Story by Taylor Swift (one of my favorite country songs to date) with Viva la Vida by Coldplay. He wrote this piece, accompanied by an extraordinary cello player, for his seven year old daughter, and I have already fallen in love with it. Here's the video:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you know me. I hate Taylor Swift and I hate Love Story (I'm sorry Ashley!). But this was pretty cool nonetheless. The Cellist was AMAZING! Kenna and I were watching it and we were like "Dude he is so cool!"
That was pretty cool.