Saturday, June 27, 2009

College Girl

Fun roomates? Check. Hot guys in the ward? Check. Great food? Check. English professor that looks like Matthew Fox from Lost? CHECK!

My first week at college was awesome (see above check-list). I enjoy all of my classes, my professors are all intelligent and engaging, none of my roomates are suicidal (Chelsey, that one was for you!),and I'm not overly stressed out yet. Another thing that's really fun about BYU (and slightly strange) is that everyone is so freakin' nice! Seriously, everyone says hi to you, even if you just walk by them on the street. Actually, it's a little bit creepy, if you really think about it. All those strangers walking by you and smiling and saying hello...

In all seriousness, BYU is one of the most beautiful campuses in the world! It's so green, and the mountains provide the perfect backdrop for any view on campus. I love that I have an hour between my Biology class and my English class because then I get to sit outside and just soak up the sunshine. It's especially helpful that the weather has been GORGEOUS. I love open air campuses; I think that's the reason why I loved AES so much (the amazing courses helped a lot too).

Anyways, that's pretty much my first week of school for you. It wasn't too exciting--although I was excited when I found out that my English professor looks like Matthew Fox, and that there's a Clark Kent look alike on campus, and that a Hayley Joel Osmond look alike is in my ward. I'll let you know when something REALLY exciting happens.

No comments: