Sunday, November 29, 2009

Could this weekend get any better?

So...this weekend was simply amazing. Want to know why it was so amazing? Well, besides the amazing dinner we partook of on Thursday...WE WON THE GAME AGAINST UTAH! Nothing gets better than that, let me tell you.
I have always been an avid fan of Cougar football (even though I still have trouble following the rules, but I am getting better at it!), and every season I anxiously await this game. This game is very important. We don't wear red for at least a week prior to it. That would be unthinkable. So you can imagine how excited I was that this year's BYU/Utah game (my first ever at college) was a home game, and I had a ticket. Granted, my seat was at the very top of the stadium, but at least we had a good view of the entire field. Watching that game was so much fun--my friends and I were standing and screaming at the team the entire game; my thought hurt afterwards, and I sounded like I had been sick for weeks. Good times, good times.
My roommate was amazed at how deep the hatred runs between the two schools. She's from Alabama, so she didn't grow up with it like I did. I guess it is pretty shocking. Take Max Hall for example. Who would have thought that this nice senior would so vehemnetly bash Utah in post-game comments? ("I hate Utah. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, I hate their fans, I hate everything." --Max Hall) Of course, Max Hall did have some pretty rough experiences with Utah fans, which could explain his attitude toward them. Anywas, my point was that this rivalry isn't just some rivalry. It's The Rivalry. It's The Holy War, as my friend Levi Selway put it. It's the be all and end all of the Utah football season. And I got to be there for it. I think the look on my face says it all:
This picture was taken right after Andrew George made the winning touchdown, and just about every fan ran onto the field in celebration. The field around the 30 yeard line was pretty clear, so we decided to take pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!!

Chris Davey said...

Like all 'Holy Wars' probably pretty unholy! Glad to hear you are doing well still.