Friday, November 27, 2009

In the words of Cassandra Ball...

..."Happy Turkey Day!" (I know it was yesterday, but give me a break; I was helping with dinner) Yesterday was amazing, partly because of the DELICIOUS food that Dad cooked up. Let me just break down the menu: smoked turkey, cheesy mashed potatoes, rolls, artichoke dip, green beans, sweet potato casserole, a cheese roll, shrimp scampi, tri-tip steak, Waldorf salad, Caesar salad, and home-made cranberry sauce. And for dessert: strawberry pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, and turtle cheesecake--all home-made, of course. Can you say YUM?!

While it was delicious, Thanksgiving wasn't just about the dinner, and I wanted to give my thanks. First off, I am incredibly grateful to my parents. I owe them basically everything. I'm grateful for their support (both emotional/spiritual and monetary, ha ha) in everything I do, especially in my schooling decisions. I am grateful for my sisters--I know that they're always there for me. I'm grateful for my amazing friends, especially Hannah and Maddie. You guys are practically my sisters, and I wouldn't be the same without you. And, most importantly, I'm grateful for my knowledge that the gospel is true. That knowledge changes my life every day, and I know it changes me for the better.

So that's my short list of what I'm most grateful for. What was on your mind this Thanksgiving? Let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) You're awesome.
I think I would most definitely be grateful for my family, and for you. I'm pretty sure I would be a hopeless wreck if you weren't around. No joke.