Monday, August 9, 2010

Dear Kiera

*It feels like a good month to write letters to my family. This next letter is for Kiera because I stupidly forgot to write a shout-out to her on her birthday, which was August 3rd.

Dear Kiera,
Baby girl! You are growing up so fast. I can't believe you're already nine years old. Sometimes it seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago that you were crawling around our house in Australia, looking for the candy cupboard. Even back then you stood out from the crowd. We Barnes girls have always been something special--not your average cookie-cutter girl--and you were no different. Not only were you twice as big, physically, as the only other baby in our ward (poor McKenzie Jones was just a tiny little thing), but you also had a huge heart. You were so happy and loving, and everyone noticed that. You were always willing to let other people hold you and love you, and you would love them right back. Not much as changed, Bubba. Now, there are times when you are terrible spoiled and naughty and you don't do as you're told, and you can throw terrible tantrums, but inside we all know that bubbly, happy baby has just grown up and she's still in there.
Kiera my dear, you are a beautiful, smart, and talented little girl. You've got a wonderful life ahead of you. Don't ever be afraid to do whatever you want to do--and don't be afraid to change your mind about what it is you want to do. I love you more than all the stars in the sky.
Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Okay, you know I'm terrible at looking at my kids' blogs--at any blogs for that matter, but Kiera pulled yours up, insisting on my taking a look. Obviously, she's thrilled with her own personal letter from you, publicly proclaiming to all who read your blog just how adorable she is.
Thanks for being a fantastic big sister! (and, may I add, a pretty awesome daughter)

Kiera said...

Hey, I just want you to know, I'm mad that you fogot my birthdy and about going to see harry potter 6 without me!