Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Veinte

A couple of Fridays ago, my dad told me that I would be starting my third decade of life pretty soon. That kind of freaked me out. For some reason saying that I'm 20 is not as stressful than saying that I have two decades under my belt, and I'm starting a third one. Even though they mean the same thing.

This year's birthday was fantastic. I love it when my birthday is on a Monday because that's when Martin Luther King Day is, which means there's a holiday on my birthday. So, on Sunday we had our family get together. Dad made the most gorgeous meal: a five course, Italian-inspired feast, which was absolutely incredible, plus the most magnificent home-made cake and ice cream you could imagine. It was just as good as Costco's All-American Chocolate Cake. Look at that cake; isn't it beautiful?
On my actual birthday, my friend Maddie and I went to Denny's for breakfast (laugh if you will, but I always associate Denny's with happy times. And I like their food). Then we went and picked Kiera up from the house, and we all wen to see Tangled. I have been wanting to see that movie since it came out, and it was so worth it! I loved it, and if you haven't seen it, you need to.

So, being 20 will be awesome, I just know it. Ok...so I don't really know it because I don't know what's going to happen, which is just the way I like it. I just have a feeling that it's going to be awesome. Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone! Wish me luck on this new decade.

No comments: