Sunday, February 27, 2011

Universe

Sometimes, when I'm feeling overwhelmed, or I can't let go of the past, or I feel like I can't do it, I just want to yell at the universe--in a refined, well-worded letter, of course. After all, I am an English major; that's how I roll. Anyway, this is probably what I would write:

Dear Universe,

I have a bone to pick with you. It's not ok for you to continually throw obstacles at me. Every once in a while I need a break, ok? Can't you just once let me have a path that is totally clear? It doesn't matter if it's a straight, 100 yard sprint, or if it's a longer road with tons of curves--I'm good with either option. Just no avalanches or flash floods. And can we please just forget about the What If factor? I hate that. Let's just let the past stay in the past, bygones be bygones, or whatever cliche you want to use here. Listen, we could be great friends. You just have to show your nice side.

Love, Ashley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly support this view.

Gayle said...

Straight paths are oh-so-boring!