Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of the best days of the year. There are maybe five best days of the year, in my opinion: Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, my birthday, and the neighborhood BBQ, in no particular order. They're all one of the best for a different reason--sure they all celebrate something (you may be wondering what the neighborhood BBQ celebrates, but I've always equated the neighborhood BBQ with the true beginning of summer), but each of these days are individual, unlike any other day that we celebrate. Anyways, sorry about the rambling but I was saying that Mother's Day is one of the best days because it is one day where we get to reflect on all the awesome things that our moms do for us.

My mom does a lot. She does a lot, not just for me or the other members of the family, but for EVERYBODY. I've never see someone so ready to jump up and help a person when they are struggling. Mom's always ready to help out with food, help with decorating a place, help clean up after a function. She's always ready to talk to you anyone who needs an ear, and she's always ready with amazing advice. She's Wonder Woman, but without the weird outfit or lasso. Plus, she makes the best smoothies and sandwiches.

Mom, I love you. You are the most amazing person on the planet, and I don't know what I would do without you. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Heather Wahlquist said...

I second that!

selway2005 said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Your mom is an angel! It's hard for me to fathom the extent of her love and how she has always enough of it to go around. Here's to you, Gayle!

Gayle said...

So when do I get the weird outfit?!