Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Singer (or The Post with the Incessant Parentheticals)

I love finding new music artists to listen to. I've found that some of my favorite music artists are the ones that new one has ever heard of (Priscilla Ahn, A Fine Frenzy, for example), so sometimes it's hard to find new people to listen to. I've also had a little bit of a bad weekend (did anyone else watch that disaster of a football game on Saturday?), so I definitely needed something to pick me up today.

Enter Mindy Gledhill. I was wandering around the BYU Bookstore (aka my own personal library; sometimes I read the books that they have for sell without buying them...), and a CD cover caught my eye. I immediately fell in love with the cover (the image on the video is the album cover. Isn't it adorable?!), but I hesitated because because it was sitting in the basket with the religious music (not that I don't like religious music, it's just not the kind of music that I prefer to listen to on a daily basis). So I decided to do a little research, and luckily I found her music on YouTube. As soon as I heard the first song, I knew that Mindy Gledhill and I were going to become very good friends (well, not literally, but figuratively, through the music).

This is her song "Crazy Love." I love it. It's cute, upbeat, happy, etc...ok, ok. I'll admit, the lyrics are a little bit on the stalker side, but come on. Sometimes stalker songs can be really good (remember "Every Breath You Take" by The Police? Everyone loves that song)! Trust me, you will fall in love too.

No comments: