Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter Speaks American

Maddie and I found this hilarious clip while we were waiting to go see Harry Potter last night. I thought it was worthy enough to share.



Yes, I did see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday (actually, it was this morning). Although I am still very angry that David Yates included partial nudity in the movie, I have to say that the overall movie experience won me over. I have to tell you all, though, that the news article I read (and then wrote a very angry post about) was rather misleading. The dance scene that David Yates referred to was not a nude scene. It was simply a fun dance between Harry and Hermione, and I agree with Yates that the scene was very sweet. The only nudity in the movie was during the scene when Ron destroys the locket horcrux, and the only thing the audience truly saw were Harry and Hermione's bare shoulders. Yes, there was definitely implied nudity--and I am still really, really upset that Yates felt that he needed to go that far with the scene.
The movie, however, was spectacular, and I really enjoyed it. I feel that they are really doing the book justice. Yes, that one make-out scene is disturbing, and I wish they had changed it to be more appropriate for what is essentially a kids movie, but I'm glad I went. I just hope the next one is as fantastic.

No comments: