Saturday, January 17, 2009

18

Today is a special day, and I'm sure all of you know why. And if you don't, I'd be more than willing to share with you. Today is my birthday. Woohoo! Now, this birthday is special because I turn 18, which means that I am a legal adult. You know what they say: "You can turn into an official adult only once!" It's very exciting.

I think birthday's are unique and special things. Birthday's are the one out of 365 days when a person can be completely and utterly vain and selfish and totally get away with it. I mean, think about it. You get a special cake made just to your liking, in my family we get a special Sunday dinner held in our honor (which is a pretty big deal since Sunday dinners are the biggest and best meals in my family), you get multiple presents which hopefully include money, and EVERBODY pays attention to you, even if they didn't ever pay attention to you before.

I was thinking about past birthdays, and especially my past two birthday which ocurred in India. My first birthday in India was my "Sweet Sixteenth", although it didn't turn out to be so sweet. I was the "new kid" at school so no one knew me except for three people, and they didn't even really say happy birthday. The next year was better, since I actually had friends that year. Thanks mostly to Maddie, my seventeenth birthday was celebrated in and out of school, which was awesome. This is my third birthday in India, and it was by far the best. I talked to both of my sisters and Maddie today, I got to spend the whole day being a girl (manicures, pedicures, chick flicks, that kind of thing), and I have a whole slew of people wishing me happy birthday on Facebook. It's awesome being known.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and presents--you all made my day so much brighter.

No comments: