Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year's everyone!


I'm going to steal from Chelsey's blog, just so you all know. She invited all of us (those who read her blog) to list some positive things which happened in the year 2008. I know this may seem a little contradictory, since the title of this post implies that we will be discussing the year 2009, but we'll get to that later, I promise. So here it is, the best of 2008:
  • My second niece was born! Her name is Averi Noelle and she is so sweet. We got to cuddle a lot at Christmas .
  • I got to go to London at the beginning of the year with my theater class and do workshops at RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London).
  • I became close friends with Maddie Stoker, who now attends BYU (so now there's someone else I can play with in Utah).
  • I finished the first year of the International Baccalaureate.
  • I finished writing the first 25 pages (or three chapters and a prologue) of my novel (which is impressive for me because I usually only write about ten pages of novels).

2008 was a truly amazing year (I attribute that to the fact that it was my "magic year"; I turned 17 on the 17th of January), so it would be extremely difficult to list all of the highlights. Those were just a few that really stuck out in my mind. As for 2009, I have high hopes for this year. First of all, I graduate from high school. Yay! And it will be just in time too because senior-itis is really getting to me. Also, I've been accepted into two of the BYU campasses, Idaho and Hawaii, so I know I'm going to college one way or another. It's nice to have that knowledge, believe me. Some of my resolutions for 2009 are:

  • Write in my journal every day
  • Finish a good chunk of the novel I've been working on ("a good chunk" would imply at least another hundred pages).

I hope you all have an amazing 2009, and keep working on those resolutions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... maybe I shall put this on my blog as well. After I finish updating the vacay...