Friday, January 20, 2012

Audio books

I use my car a lot. I remember, once upon a time, when I was terrified to get my driver's licence because that surely I was destined to die in a fiery crash in the middle of the freeway. But now, I cannot imagine life without my little car. Most of the time, I'm driving in the wee hours of the morning (at least that's what it feels like), and I do not do well in the mornings. Sometimes, it's truly a miracle that I'm awake enough to make it to work.

So now I have a problem: I have to work in the mornings because of my school schedule, but I would also prefer not to die in a fiery crash on the freeway because I fell asleep at the wheel. I tried for a while to just blast my "party music," but that wasn't cutting it. Then I started listening to the news on the radio. Aha! Stimulating and informative. But unless there was a gripping news emergency, it just couldn't keep me from yawning more and more. Then, randomly, I decided to start listening to audio books.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Let me just say that audio books are totally awesome--if you have a good reader. It's entertaining, and it's a great way to experience books, especially if you're like me and you drive a lot, but don't have a lot of time to just sit and read. Funny story: today I went and picked up two audio books that I have been for for a while. I was so unbelievably excited to get back in the car! I am such a nerd.

So anyway, audio books are awesome! You should try them sometime.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Totally agree. Love audio books! Jim Dale is my favorite. Listen to Peter and the Starcatchers. It's great!