Thursday, December 11, 2008

The title of this blog.

I'm just about to go into exams, and I'm really nervous, so I thought I would calm myself down by writing a post. I realize that the title of my blog may be a bit confusing (what does lightning and rain have to do with Ashley?), so here is the explanation of the title of my blog (not that you need or even want to know).

There is a series of books called The Wheel of Time. It is my absolutely favorite series on this planet (not my favorite book, but my favorite series). I love all of the characters in the books, but there are four specific characters which I love the most--Perrin Ayabara, Faile ti Bahere t'Ayabara, Egwene al'Vere, and Gawyn Trakand (it's a fantasy series, so get used to weird names). Just FYI: Faile is married to Perrin, and Egwene and Gawyn are in love with each other, but they can't be together due to extenuating circumstances. I'm a hopeless romantic, and one of the reasons I love these characters so much is because these people are the center of the romantic plots in the series (that's not the main reason why I love the caharacters, but I won't get into those because my explanations of why I love those characters would go on for hours).

The title of my blog comes from my favorite chapter in the entire series. It's chapter sixteen of the sixth book in the series, Lord of Chaos, and the title of the chapter is "Like Lightning and Rain". In the chapter, Gawyn finally finds out that Egwene loves him (which is where the quote comes from). Being the hopless romantic that I am, my heart leaps in my chest every time I read that passage, and it makes me really happy.

And that's the story behind the title of my blog. Now you know just a little bit more random information about me. It's exciting, isn't it?

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

NERD!!!! But I love you. Cause I'm a nerd too. I finally convinced my book club to read Eye of the World, so we're reading it in February. I hope I'm not the only one who actually reads it. It's so good--everyone should partake of the fantasy goodness!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I like how I commented on your title a couple posts back and then you made this post. I'm going to comment on it again. Nice.

Unknown said...

I don't even remember that part of the book. I wonder what that says about you and me.