Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 14

Describe 5 strengths you have.


  1. I am an awesome listener.  I actually like it when people come to me with complaints or concerns or happy news.  I want to hear it all.  I feel like people know they can rely on me, and that I'll hear them out no matter what.  I might not always tell them what they want to hear once they're done talking (I learned that trick from my mama), but I will always try to help them out as best I can.
  2. I am an awesome cook.  While I'm trying to solve my problems with food, I come up with some pretty awesome recipes.  I love cooking, and I love trying out new things.  One of the best feelings in the world is when my family devours one of my meals and tells me that it was delicious.
  3. When I set my mind to it, I get stuff done.  Even though I procrastinate, I can get projects done, and I do it well (or as best I can).  You have to admit, I'm a determined little thing.
  4. I am a really fast reader.  This may sound a dumb strength to be proud, but you would be surprised by how often it comes in handy.  I would not have survived my English classes if I couldn't read fast.  How English professors expect you to read a 350 page book cover-to-cover in a four day period is beyond me.  Plus, I get to read a lot more books than other people, so it makes me sound really cool when someone brings up a book that they're sure no one else has heard of, and I'm all like, "Oh yeah, that's a really great book.  I especially like the part when..."
  5. I have an excellent memory.  I have vivid memories from when I was like three years old and we were living in this crazy apartment in Oklahoma.  I remember pretty much every book I've read, and even if I don't remember it very well, once I start reading it, my mind plays catch-up pretty quickly.  Sometimes I feel kind of awkward that I remember stuff like movies and TV shows so vividly, especially when other people are talking about it and they don't remember anything, but I do.  When that happens, I usually pretend that I don't remember too, but I do.  I do.

No comments: