Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 22

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  10 years?  15 years?

This is a really hard set of questions to answer because I'm not the kind of person to make a huge long life plan.  I like to have goals and stuff, but I also like to see immediate results.  I have a few ideas of where I want to be, though, so I'll give it a go.

5 years: In five years I definitely hope to be working for the U.S. Embassy.  I hope that I'll be on my second post, in some way cool place.  I don't even care where I go, as long as I get into the Embassy and they send me somewhere.  I know that freaks my mom out, but I would go literally anywhere in the world.  Also, I would hope to be married by that time, but if not, I would be ok with just having a steady boyfriend.  If I can't even have a boyfriend in five years, then you can be danged sure I'm going to have at least one dog.  Kiera will be fifteen, almost sixteen by that time (that is so weird to think about!), and I've told Mom and Dad that Kiera should come live with me overseas while she's in high school.  That way she'll have a higher chance of getting into BYU because they love foreign students here at BYU.  I'm pretty sure the only reason I got into the university was because I was graduating from high school in India.
10 years: I definitely see myself married by this time.  Hopefully, I'll have at least one child.  Again, I see myself in a way cool country--by this time it should be my fourth post (fingers crossed).  I'll still have a dog.  Kiera will be in college, and my oldest niece, Katie, will be sixteen (which is an even weirder thought than Kiera being sixteen).  I want to have a least one book written, or one collection of poetry written by this point in my life.  I don't mind if it's not published, I just want to have one written.
15 years: If I'm not married by this point, I think I'll have pretty much given up.  

No comments: