Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 23

List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.

I have to preface this by saying that I am extremely boring.  Most of the time I'm really quite content to just sit around, chatting with my family or people-observing (which is far less creepy than people-watching).  So, I'll try to come up with 5 hobbies, but I just warn you that it may not happen.


  1. Reading: I LOVE reading.  Reading is the best way to escape from the day-to-day humdrum. If you're ever alone, or waiting on someone, or whatever, just pick a book.  It's like talking to someone awesome, but you can tell them to shut up whenever you need a break from the conversation.  And they'll still be willing to talk to you again when you want to pick that conversation back up!  I mean, really, when do you ever get that kind of control with real people.  Plus, you always sound way cooler when you can say "Oh yeah, I've totally read that completely obscure book by that one Russian writer."
  2.  Writing: Writing is another escape for me.  Not only do I get to escape to another reality, but I get to create that reality.  How cool is that?!  I feel like every author should have just a little bit of a god complex.  But just a little one.  It makes for great writing.
  3. Arithmetic.  HA HA!  Just kidding.  I hate arithmetic.  Cooking: I've said this about a bajillion times already, but cooking is AWESOME!  It's another way for me to express my creativity.  Speaking of cooking, I will be attempting a Harry Potter cake for Kiera's birthday in the next week or so.  Maybe I'll post pictures?
  4. Horse-back riding: Like I said, I don't get to ride very often anymore, so I don't know if this really counts as a hobby.  But I do it whenever I can...so maybe it does?  Anyway, I love the feeling of freedom you get when you go horse-back riding.  Plus, horses are just overall amazing.  So you're always in good company, even if you go riding alone.
  5. CrossFit: I have recently started doing CrossFit, and I am slowly becoming addicted. (To learn more about what CrossFit is, check this out.  It's a really brief rundown of what the program is all about.  Also, type it into Google, and you'll find out everything you wished to know)  I go to a CrossFit gym in Draper, and I really love it there.  Everyone is so friendly, and they try to make it feel like a family atmosphere.  The trainers are great, and even though it can get competitive, your group is always so supportive.  Everyone cheers each other on, which is what I really need when I'm working out.  Some days it's so hard to go, and I'll admit I haven't had perfect attendance.  But every time I do make it and do the WOD (workout of the day), I feel SO good about myself.  More so than I have when I just go for a run.

No comments: