Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 24

Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.

Other than the fact that our family has more than doubled in size, our family dynamic is pretty much the same that it always has been.  The girls still out-number the guys in our family (we used to have five girls to one guy, and now we have nine girls to five guys).  The sisters still talk to mom every day (almost every hour, in fact).  Dad is still the big scary dad that he always was (at least to the boys--although not many of those come sniffing around anymore).  Mom is still the most incredibly busy, yet incredibly compassionate, person she always was.  The sisters are still so completely different, and yet we are so close.  My brothers-in-law are both amazing, and they fit in so well with our family that it feels like they were always meant to be there.  My nieces and nephews have blessed our lives in so many ways.  They are seriously the most beautiful/handsome, smartest, kindest, most lovable kids on the planet, and I just love them to pieces.

I don't know what I would do without my family.  They are my support system in every way.  I'm going to miss them terribly when I eventually leave the nest, but it'll be ok because I know that I'll still call each one of them practically every day, and I know that they'll still pick up the phone.

They better pick up the phone.

No comments: