Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 6

What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

The hardest thing I have ever experienced was moving to and living in India.  The culture there is a complete 180 from everything that I have been used to, and it was so hard to try and adjust to that.  Also, my mom was not able to move there right away, so it was just my dad and me for two and a half months.  Now, this has happened before--when we moved to England, my mom had to wait for about six months before she could come over because she was trying to oversee the building of our house here in South Jordan, UT.  But I was only 7 at the time, and while I missed my mom, it didn't really have a profound effect on me.  Being without my mom for two and a half months in India was extremely hard.  My dad is the greatest, but he does not know how to handle the emotional side of having a daughter.  Also, I was really lonely for the first year we were in India.  There were a lot of interesting, weird, hard things that happened in India that's really hard to explain in a short amount of time--I could talk to you for hours about what it was like living there.  However, it was also one of the most important experiences of my life.  I needed that move to India.  It taught me who I was as a person; it taught me how to stand up for what is right; it taught me to be independent.  I grew so much during those two and a half years, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.  Because of India, I now understand why trials are so important.

No comments: