Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 9

List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.


  1. Mom: My mom literally an angel.  She's one of the most compassionate people I know, and I'm always trying to learn from her excellent example.
  2. Dad:  My dad is so focused, and smart, and intense, and fun, and awesome.  I wish I could be more dedicated like he is.
  3. Chelsey: Chelsey is the only person I know who took an economics major and actually like it.  She has the greatest fashion sense, and she is super creative and crafty.  I hope that one day I can be just as crafty as she is.
  4. Heather: I think that Heather has the most dedication out of all us girls.  When she puts her to mind to something, there is nothing that can get in her way.  I would love to be so intense about my goals.
  5. Kiera: Kiera does not care what anyone thinks about her--she dances to the beat of her own drum, and that's just how she likes it.  I hope that one day I can be that brave and confident.
  6. Aaron and Danny: My brothers-in-law are some of the coolest guy I've ever met.  They teach me kindness, ingenuity, and, most of all, patience.  Plus they each have an awesome sense of humor!
  7. My best friends: My best friends are the most awesome girls ever!  I wouldn't have made it through middle school, high school, and freshman year of college without them.  They bring me out of my shell, and I love them for that.
  8. The Prophets: The latter-day Prophets are such an important part of my life.  I don't know any of them personally, but every time I hear them speak I can feel their love.  Thomas S. Monson is such a wonderful man, and I know that he is a true Prophet of a true church, and that he really does act as the mouthpiece for the Lord.
  9. Ms. Dodd, Ms. Strevens, Mrs. Watts, Ms. Proud, and Professor Tuttle: Each of these teachers made a huge impact on my school years.  Ms. Dodd and Ms. Strevens were the best teachers in my elementary school (Farlington School for Girls A.K.A the greatest school ever).  Ms. Dodd was like my second mom, and Ms. Strevens and I were bosom friends from the very beginning.  Mrs. Watts was my eighth grade English teacher, and she truly let me shine in her class. Ms. Proud was my high school English teacher, and I honestly couldn't have made it through the two years of IB courses without her.  Professor Tuttle was my creative writing teacher (are you seeing a pattern here?) during my Junior year of college, and he was the one teacher who told me that I could actually be an author.  Each of these teachers has a special place in my heart.
  10. Great authors that I love:  Jane Austen, L.M. Montgomery, Lemony Snicket, Ernest Hemingway, Robert Jordan, and Brandon Sanderson are all great authors that I love, and I strive to make my writing something like theirs.  I know I probably won't ever be counted as one of the greats, but I like to have lofty goals.

No comments: