Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 12

Describe a typical day in your current life.

For this post, I will be describing my busiest days.  Just so you know, my days aren't always this crazy.

5:25--My first alarm goes off.  I groan, roll over, and contemplate getting up.  I hit snooze three more times.
5:40--I finally force myself to get up.  If I'm lucky, I'll have enough time to get all my stuff for school and grab my breakfast.  If I'm really lucky, I'll be able to put on some make-up.
6:50--Thank the Lord that I made it to work alive.
6:58--I've clocked in, and now I'm just waiting for my computer to boot up.  Adjusting my comfy swivel chair takes top priority right now.
7:05--The computer has finally booted up, and I've just finished logging into the bajillion windows that are absolutely necessary to perform my job.  I take a deep breath, and brace myself for the 15 angry moms that are going to yell at me in the next half-hour or so.
7:45--Calls finally calm down.  I can turn on Pandora and open Pinterest.
7:47--Of course, as soon as Pandora starts playing my favorite song, I get another call.  What do you know, this angry mom tops every other call I've had that morning.  The call proceeds to last for half an hour.
8:20--I finally slam the phone down because of this frustrating mom and her stupid student who waited until the last day to complete their course.  Just kidding, I never do that.  Slam the phone, I mean.  I always end professionally.  Anyways, by this time I'm emotionally drained and I can't face the phone queue, so I take a super short break.
8:22-9:30--Alternate between browsing Pinterest, rockin' out to Pandora, and helping moms/students/counselors request exams.
9:40--Come back from my ten minute break with a delicious, albeit small, plate of biscuits and gravy from the Creamery Outlet, conveniently located next door.
10:52--I'm just about to go on "Not Ready" so I can actually clock out on time.  My phone rings before I can hit the "Not Ready" button.  Call lasts for 15 minutes.
11:07--Finally finish the call.  Log out of the bajillion windows that I have open, clock out, and walk to my car. Sit in the car for a couple of minutes, trying to decide whether or not to eat out or just go to the Wilk (the main student building on BYU campus).  Decide to go to the Wilk because it's closer to class, and it has internet.
11:20-11:41--Watch an episode of "Saved by the Bell," "Modern Family," "Malcom in the Middle," or some other way awesome show.
11:42-11:55--Eat lunch as fast as I can.  Book it to class.
12:00-1:45--Endure Spanish class.  Repeat the mantra "This is my last Spanish class.  You can do it.  Pay attention.  If you fail this class, I will smack you upside the head so hard..."
1:45-2:00--Chill out, waiting for my way awesome English class to start.
2:00-4:30--Watch movies, read books, and talk about crazy awesome psychology theories.  And yes, this is what my English class is like every Monday/Wednesday.
5:20--Finally get home.  Run to change into my workout clothes.
6:00--Go get my butt kicked in a super intense workout at CrossFit*.
7:10--Crawl out of my car, into the house, and onto a couch.  Complain that I should do homework, but then I don't do any homework.
9:00--Start to complain that I'm tired.  Every 15 minutes or so, I vow that I really am going to go to bed, but I keep talking to Mom, Kiera, Rachel...whoever's still up and willing to listen to me,
10:15--Finally giving up, I actually go to bed.

*CrossFit is a new thing for me.  It is one of the hardest, best workouts I've ever done.  When I say that I have to crawl back into the house after my workout, it's because I'm exhausted and I'm so sore that I can barely move.  But it's awesome.

1 comment:

Heather Wahlquist said...

Where is the actual doing homework?
By the way, I have loved reading your little blogs. And I am not the only one that was mean to you, I believe that Chelsey is also a culprit.