Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 7

What is your dream job, and why?

My dream job would be working for the US Embassy in their Consular track (I'm going to describe what the Consular track is in just a minute, but if you want the official version, check this out).  As a "Consular Officer" I would be able to give out visas to cool people who want to hang out in the States for a period of time, make sure no one dies in crazy life-threatening situations (of the natural and/or not natural variety), and help cute young couples fulfill their dreams of having an adorable baby without getting fat (I guess I'll help older couples too).  I think that's pretty awesome.  But seriously, I really think that the things consulars do in the Embassy are really important.  I've always loved helping people, but I don't have the patience to be something like a teacher.  PLUS: I have to travel for my job.  I get to go see an new place every three to four years, if I want to, or I can ask to extend my stay at that particular embassy.  I'm taking the first part of the application test in October (again), so please wish me good luck!

Also, another dream job would be to work as a animal trainer.  Why?  Because animals are awesome.  And I like animals.  And animals love me.  Too bad I would probably make less money as an animal trainer than I make now.

No comments: